Don't purchase Ultra Shield fabric protection
I recently purchased new living room furniture. The local furniture retailer promoted treating the fabric with a stain protection chemical and insurance package from Ultra Shield. I have purchased fabric protection from other companies in the past and have been satisfied with the results.
Ultra Shield is a different matter, their customer service and response ***. Shortly after receiving the new furniture, I let my wet (water) pant leg come in contact with the ottoman, which left a wet spot. I wasn't concerned at the time, thinking since it was just water it would dry without incident. But once the area did dry, it left a water stain or ring on the fabric. I pulled out my warranty card with Ultra Shield and read that "any food or drink consumed by humans was covered". I called customer service and explained the accident to them, and was immediately told that since the water came from my pant leg, and not a glass, it was not covered. I could not believe what I was hearing, when I chalenged the person on this response I was again told sorry, no coverage.
I contacted the local Stanley Steamer cleaning company, explained the problem to them, and they cleaned the ottoman no problem, and only charged me $20. Stanley Steamer also informed me that they do contract work Ultra Shield and have a hard time getting paid, and they won't return phone calls.I called Ultra Shield back a second time requesting reimbursement for the cleaning fee and was told "sorry Charlie" again. I then asked to speak to supervisor and was connected to a voice mail box for Margret. I left a detailed message about the incident and requested a return phone call, which I never received.
These people just want your money and have no intention of providing any restoration service. This was just water, what if I had a real stain like coffee or wine? If I purchase furniture again, I will not be "donating" to Ultra Shield, they are worthless scamers.f062df3 review #183193
You may also like
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "Two years ago I bought bedroom set from darvin furniture with Ultrashield furniture care , a year ago I tried to file a claim Ultrashield denied it because not accident..."
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "This supposed to increased my Credit score, not the opposite. They reported me to the creditors, to 90 days been late, no only been late not once, but three times,..."
- "I have bought a kitchen table set paid odd in December. plus I bought a couch love seat and bedroom set.I make payments every week on Saturday I..."
- "I bought a new wagon like 3 months ago and now I am having tire and rim separation even though the tires are prefectly pumped also all 4 wheels are..."
- "Extremely disappointed with their rude attitude! So, I guess their policy is your NOT going to buy to get out of their stores?? I was shopping for a hot tub..."
- "Went in yesterday for a simple trim and bang cut and left absolutely butchered. I wanted to cry after I got in my car and had a close up look...."
- "Unsolicited sales to my door. Told them I don't deal with solicitors and to please leave. He said just trying to make a living, etc. He started doing the hard..."