Don't purchase Ultra Shield fabric protection

Issue not resolved

I recently purchased new living room furniture. The local furniture retailer promoted treating the fabric with a stain protection chemical and insurance package from Ultra Shield. I have purchased fabric protection from other companies in the past and have been satisfied with the results.

Ultra Shield is a different matter, their customer service and response ***. Shortly after receiving the new furniture, I let my wet (water) pant leg come in contact with the ottoman, which left a wet spot. I wasn't concerned at the time, thinking since it was just water it would dry without incident. But once the area did dry, it left a water stain or ring on the fabric. I pulled out my warranty card with Ultra Shield and read that "any food or drink consumed by humans was covered". I called customer service and explained the accident to them, and was immediately told that since the water came from my pant leg, and not a glass, it was not covered. I could not believe what I was hearing, when I chalenged the person on this response I was again told sorry, no coverage.

I contacted the local Stanley Steamer cleaning company, explained the problem to them, and they cleaned the ottoman no problem, and only charged me $20. Stanley Steamer also informed me that they do contract work Ultra Shield and have a hard time getting paid, and they won't return phone calls.I called Ultra Shield back a second time requesting reimbursement for the cleaning fee and was told "sorry Charlie" again. I then asked to speak to supervisor and was connected to a voice mail box for Margret. I left a detailed message about the incident and requested a return phone call, which I never received.

These people just want your money and have no intention of providing any restoration service. This was just water, what if I had a real stain like coffee or wine? If I purchase furniture again, I will not be "donating" to Ultra Shield, they are worthless scamers.

d404dc8 review #183193
25 Helpful? 35
Had the same issue2 Comments23 Report
Had an experience with Ultra Shield?  Submit review about this company
laura

Jun 17

Yes!!!!! They are a total scam. My child had chocolate on his fingers and got it on a few pieces of my sectional. They told me no coverage because it was on mulitple pieces.....ummm....WHAT!!????? scammers.

kittyluver

Sep 16, 2013

I have to agree with everyone that they are a rip off. In June my cat had an accident while on my lap. I used an enzyme product for cats. When I called I was told that was exactly the product they would have recommended and since it didn't work they would send someone out to clean it. They called and made an appointment for July. When they didn't show, I was told that the contractor's website said they tried to call several times and got no response. When I said that there were no messages on my machine, the Ultra Shield agent said "Their website says they did try calling."

The contractor made an appointment for August. I had yet to receive the call ahead of time to let me know a 3 hour time frame of when they'd show. But I waited until after 6 o'clock to put my cat to sleep since I didn't want to void my warranty by "not being there" :roll yet again. UltraShield didn't try to offer excuses this time.

I have an appointment for the contractor to clean the recliner tomorrow. They were supposed to call 2 days prior to give me a time frame of when they'd show. They didn't. I'm not holding my breath that they'll show!

A. Will

Nov 16, 2012

I just got off the phone with Ultra Shield and I am PISSSSEEEDDDD OFFFFFFFF. I purchased a 10 Year Premium Full Replacement warranty form this place and the warranty and the company/people are rip off's. The refused to take my claim even though I paid for the warranty. It seem like nothing you tell them is approved. Beth and Samanth are both hepless and RUDE. Beth even hung up the phone on me because I told her I was going to report this to the Bad Business Burea like how professional. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE ANY PROTECTION FROM THIS COMPANY. It's funny the furniture store told me they no longer do business with Ultra Shield because they give customers a hard time for their claims.

2 0 Reply
Kimberly Black

Sep 06, 2012

I bought the coverage from Ultra Shield Aug 2011 when I bought my new furniture. Someone had burnt a hole in my sofa which is suppose to be covered. I called in May 2012 and to this day I have not had my furniture fixed after several phone calls and talking to several people and it is now Sept. I am not happy I feel I have been ripped off and I will never ever buy this product again. They do not stand behind their word what so ever ..

Amy

Jun 23, 2012

My son wet on our couch last night so I pulled out my warranty and that is covered. I called the furniture company thinking I only had to take the covers there but no, they said I had to contact Ultra Shield and they deal with it. After numerous attempts by me and the furniture dealer during which a recording told us that we could not be connected to that number as dialed, the furniture salesman suggested that I go to their website. I was logging on to do that when I came upon this site. Now you all have me scared!

Leha

Jun 11, 2012

i bought my warrenty protection from Wgandr in green bay. I was pretty sure that my cats claw got caught in my couch. So I told them that is what happened b/c I was told by someone you have to know or it wont be covered after all the explenation to her she told me it did not cover pets!!! I called wgandr b/c I was told as was alot of my friends who have this that is covered everything including kids pets friends whatever!!! so now if I ever have anything wrong with this one cushion they will not cover anything else on it! probably b/c I told her on the phone I was going to cut a hole in it and then she could cover me! what did wgandr do....nothing!!! they gave me my ultrashield money back b.c they said my furniture was discontinued and they could no longer get the fabric for that cushion...I was like well what would ultra shield do if they had to cover this damage?! they didnt know!! and then I went in the store a few months later their was my furniture!!! not discontinued!!!! what a waste!!

Leha

Jun 11, 2012

Tami

Mar 06, 2012

Biggest waste of money!! I just hung up with Ultra Sheid due to a rip in my sofa cushion and guess what? Yup your right claim denied. Was told to contact the store in which i bought it, so I did and was told for $50.00 they would send me a replacement casing for the cushion! So now, not only will I never deal with ultra Sheild, I will no longer do business with WG&R Furniture in Appleton WI. I have bought all my furnishings from them for the last 13 years and this is what I get? WG&R should replace the casing for free since I have given them so mush business in the past. Now I understand why there is no customer loyalty anymore. By the way, the furniture was made by Coranthian, its less then two years of and already threadbare. Not at all impressed with this brand, you might think twice in the future if your looking at furniture. Utterly Disgusted with all three companies!

stlfan78

Dec 15, 2011

DON'T BUY ULTRA SHIELD! Customer Service is a joke. Took off work twice for somebody to come clean our couch cushions then when the guys showed up with nothing but a breifcase he said he couldn't clean it and was going to order new covers. Then Ultra Shield called and said they don't do that. Still have the stains and got nothing for my money. HUGE waste of money!

Nancy

Oct 25, 2011

Don't purchase Ultra Shield. They find any reason possible to NOT cover your stain, and the whole thing is a joke. A WASTE of money.

NOT WORTH IT! Don't make the same mistake as the rest of us.

AVOID ULTRA SHIELD.

Tina

Aug 01, 2011

Same thing, what a scam!!! It doesn't matter what you spill on it, they want you to clean it and then tell you it's not covered. Nothing is covered with this company and the place I bought it from said they switched companies because they are scammers, but yet both companies received money. with fabric protection something spilled should set on top before just soaking right in, so not sure if the company even did it to begin with or terrible product. I told them I was turning them into bbb and they said make sure you show them the card. Any negligence could fall under incompitent. As for some of the comments above defending this company, obviously you work for them! I am not done with this company!!!

Kim

Jul 14, 2011

They try to trick you into voiding your warranty. I had a small rip. They asked me how it happened, and I said I wasn't 100% sure, but I think it's when my ring caught on it. Then they went on and on about questions and location, even though at that moment they weren't planning to cover it. They said that accidental rips are only covered if you can describe the accident and since I couldn't totally do that I have now voided my warranty for any rips. WTF!

readingispower

Jul 13, 2011

I am very satisfied with the service I received from Ultra Shield. I was given a home remedy and the represantative informed me this was to stabelize the stain which sometimes removes the stain. I was given 48 hours to attemp this cleaning method which I tried and unfortunately did not pull it all the way out. I do feel this method helped in stabelizing the area. A technician came out to my home and the milk stain that was my one of my seat cushions came right off. Ultra Shield has a A+ rating with the Better Business bureau. The coverage purchase is the coverage provided.

Morton

May 24, 2011

Sounds like your wet leg may have come from a little incontinence....not sure ANY warranty would cover that.

Lesa

May 03, 2011

When I purchased my leather furniture from John Eye Bid Sany in Summersville the saleperson advised me that this was a GREAT warranty plan. I bought the ultra shield care kit and the 3 year warranty. Recently I noticed I had a small hole in my leather. Thinking how glad I was to purchase the ultra shiled waranty. I called and placed the claim. They ask how the hole got in my furniture along with a list of other questions. I explained that I didn't know how the hole got in my furniture and after the clain was processed I was told I was denied!!! Spoke with the superviosr that basically said this claim is closed too bad. I left a message for Maragaret but after reading the other posts it doesn't sound like it will do me any good.
I stopped back in Big Sandy and said I wanted information regarding leather furniture warranties. THE VERY SAME SALESMAN THAT SOLD ME MY FURNITURE SAID ASK THE OTHER GUT BECASUE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT LEATHER FURNITURE!!

I can't believe these people are being allowed to get away with this!!! Ultra Shiled located in Kentucky what a rip off. I told the calims rep that I would find out how my furniture was damaged and I was told too bad. The claim is closed.!!!!

Kim

Apr 13, 2011

I agree that they are such a rip off. I had a problem with my furniture, so I called them. The customer representative asked me if I have the warranty card. I told her that I don't have it in front of me. And she asked me about when the damage occurred. I told her last month for chairs. And she asked me further about the details of damages. I explained it in details to her. Guess what? After all of the detail explanation, she told me that the warranty would not cover the damages because I didn't report it within 5 days. I feel like that I was definitely tricked by them.
Don't buy their warranty!

Lisa

Apr 01, 2011

I agree. I have waited two plus months for repair on my loveseat. I have left numerous voicemails with several people and rarely get a return call. They are rude and snappy and never have an answer for me. They try to blame the store constantly and do their best to get me off the phone. Very rude and a waste of money

lem466

Mar 21, 2011 Erode, Tamil Nadu

called ultra shield today to find out how I can do general cleaning on sofa and not void warranty. After 30 minutes on the phone getting info from me, they said they would mail me info for my claim. I made it clear several times I was not making a claim, just wanted to clean my sofa of 3 years of normal dirt. Could not believe they had no answer and asked to talk to supervisor and, of course, got voice mail. I called the place where I bought the furniture to complain about the Ultra Shield customer service and they just said they couldn't tell me anything. Will never buy from that store again and will make sure anyone I know that is buying furniture DOES NOT by this product.

1-20 of 23 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ultra Shield.
Filing a new complaint about
×