Don't purchase Ultra Shield fabric protection
I recently purchased new living room furniture. The local furniture retailer promoted treating the fabric with a stain protection chemical and insurance package from Ultra Shield. I have purchased fabric protection from other companies in the past and have been satisfied with the results.
Ultra Shield is a different matter, their customer service and response ***. Shortly after receiving the new furniture, I let my wet (water) pant leg come in contact with the ottoman, which left a wet spot. I wasn't concerned at the time, thinking since it was just water it would dry without incident. But once the area did dry, it left a water stain or ring on the fabric. I pulled out my warranty card with Ultra Shield and read that "any food or drink consumed by humans was covered". I called customer service and explained the accident to them, and was immediately told that since the water came from my pant leg, and not a glass, it was not covered. I could not believe what I was hearing, when I chalenged the person on this response I was again told sorry, no coverage.
I contacted the local Stanley Steamer cleaning company, explained the problem to them, and they cleaned the ottoman no problem, and only charged me $20. Stanley Steamer also informed me that they do contract work Ultra Shield and have a hard time getting paid, and they won't return phone calls.I called Ultra Shield back a second time requesting reimbursement for the cleaning fee and was told "sorry Charlie" again. I then asked to speak to supervisor and was connected to a voice mail box for Margret. I left a detailed message about the incident and requested a return phone call, which I never received.
These people just want your money and have no intention of providing any restoration service. This was just water, what if I had a real stain like coffee or wine? If I purchase furniture again, I will not be "donating" to Ultra Shield, they are worthless scamers.118b3197 review #183193
You may also like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "I have Toshiba Laptop Model # Z930. Lately this laptop battery start acting up and it was not holding a charge. Since this Laptop is still under warranty I contact..."
- "picture shows up dark but was red and bloody, server never checked; when she came with the bill told her i could not eat the steak.. she took steak..."
- "I have attached a photo of the conditions my local walmart sees appropriate to keep living creatures in. In two different tanks this was happing. ENORMOUS mounds of dead fish..."
- "Unsolicited sales to my door. Told them I don't deal with solicitors and to please leave. He said just trying to make a living, etc. He started doing the hard..."
- "If you are a member, or are considering becoming a member at LA Fitness, reconsider, especially in Gresham, Oregon. For the past several months, complaints have been made and..."
- "Last month I ordered two coats from DressLily. The one pictured here was advertised as a dark gray cashmere blend. The size conversion chart on their website told me their..."