We were told, we were purchasing a "top of the line " leather couch from LA Z Boy in 2015. Allison O'neil was our sales person.

She also talked us into buying the extended warranty to protect our investment. In August of this year, when the couch was 2 1/2 years old we noticed cracking and peeling in the leather. So, I contacted UltraShield (Misty Acey) and was told they would not cover the cracking and peeling; although that is the exact verbage used on our leather policy, because it wasn't "cracking and peeling by accident." They told me it was an accident policy. So I asked how does leather crack and peel happen by accident?

We were told Allison had misinformed us about what C&P means. After my husband made many calls to UltraShield they decided to send a technician out to inspect the couch. The technician told me that he was going to recommend they repair the cracking and peeling areas on the couch, that it was a defective material. We received a letter postmarked 11/28/2017 about a month later, stating they still would not repair or replace the couch.

I also, contacted LA Z Boy to inform them of the problem and was told it wasn't their issue. So I did some research and found out the couch I bought and was told was 100% genuine leather, isn't. The leather between the seat cushions is bonded leather that is put through a process and glued and pressed onto a fabric. My C&P starts at the seam of the two different leathers.

We spent several thousands of dollars the day we bought this couch and I can assure you that we will never shop there again and will never buy anything Ultra shield is selling.

This company should be investigated for fraud. Read other reviews and you can see that they have a lot of unhappy customers.

Review about: Ultra Shield Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Worthless coverage, Poor customer service, That they really dont wanna help, Poor costumer service, Not standing behind advertised warranty.

Comments