Medford, Oregon
3.4K views 25 comments

I recently purchased new living room furniture. The local furniture retailer promoted treating the fabric with a stain protection chemical and insurance package from Ultra Shield. I have purchased fabric protection from other companies in the past and have been satisfied with the results.

Ultra Shield is a different matter, their customer service and response ***. Shortly after receiving the new furniture, I let my wet (water) pant leg come in contact with the ottoman, which left a wet spot. I wasn't concerned at the time, thinking since it was just water it would dry without incident. But once the area did dry, it left a water stain or ring on the fabric. I pulled out my warranty card with Ultra Shield and read that "any food or drink consumed by humans was covered". I called customer service and explained the accident to them, and was immediately told that since the water came from my pant leg, and not a glass, it was not covered. I could not believe what I was hearing, when I chalenged the person on this response I was again told sorry, no coverage.

I contacted the local Stanley Steamer cleaning company, explained the problem to them, and they cleaned the ottoman no problem, and only charged me $20. Stanley Steamer also informed me that they do contract work Ultra Shield and have a hard time getting paid, and they won't return phone calls.I called Ultra Shield back a second time requesting reimbursement for the cleaning fee and was told "sorry Charlie" again. I then asked to speak to supervisor and was connected to a voice mail box for Margret. I left a detailed message about the incident and requested a return phone call, which I never received.

These people just want your money and have no intention of providing any restoration service. This was just water, what if I had a real stain like coffee or wine? If I purchase furniture again, I will not be "donating" to Ultra Shield, they are worthless scamers.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ultra Shield?

Comments

Foxborough, Massachusetts, United States #1225908

I agree do not buy this protection. It is a total waste of $$$

Not only that they are extremely difficult to contact.

When i finally reached them I spoke to 4 people only to find out it is not covered because I do not know what caused the stain.

Me to, I have call them several times to take care of some damages on my forniture and evary time I call they're hang on me. Some one needs to stop that fraud..

laura

Yes!!!!!They are a total scam.

My child had chocolate on his fingers and got it on a few pieces of my sectional.

They told me no coverage because it was on mulitple pieces.....ummm....WHAT!!?????scammers.

kittyluver

I have to agree with everyone that they are a rip off. In June my cat had an accident while on my lap. I used an enzyme product for cats. When I called I was told that was exactly the product they would have recommended and since it didn't work they would send someone out to clean it. They called and made an appointment for July. When they didn't show, I was told that the contractor's website said they tried to call several times and got no response. When I said that there were no messages on my machine, the Ultra Shield agent said "Their website says they did try calling."

The contractor made an appointment for August. I had yet to receive the call ahead of time to let me know a 3 hour time frame of when they'd show. But I waited until after 6 o'clock to put my cat to sleep since I didn't want to void my warranty by "not being there" :roll yet again. UltraShield didn't try to offer excuses this time.

I have an appointment for the contractor to clean the recliner tomorrow. They were supposed to call 2 days prior to give me a time frame of when they'd show. They didn't. I'm not holding my breath that they'll show!

A. Will

I just got off the phone with Ultra Shield and I am PISSSSEEEDDDD OFFFFFFFF.I purchased a 10 Year Premium Full Replacement warranty form this place and the warranty and the company/people are rip off's.

The refused to take my claim even though I paid for the warranty. It seem like nothing you tell them is approved. Beth and Samanth are both hepless and RUDE. Beth even hung up the phone on me because I told her I was going to report this to the Bad Business Burea like how professional.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE ANY PROTECTION FROM THIS COMPANY.It's funny the furniture store told me they no longer do business with Ultra Shield because they give customers a hard time for their claims.

Kimberly Black

I bought the coverage from Ultra Shield Aug 2011 when I bought my new furniture.Someone had burnt a hole in my sofa which is suppose to be covered.

I called in May 2012 and to this day I have not had my furniture fixed after several phone calls and talking to several people and it is now Sept.

I am not happy I feel I have been ripped off and I will never ever buy this product again.They do not stand behind their word what so ever ..

Amy

My son wet on our couch last night so I pulled out my warranty and that is covered.I called the furniture company thinking I only had to take the covers there but no, they said I had to contact Ultra Shield and they deal with it.

After numerous attempts by me and the furniture dealer during which a recording told us that we could not be connected to that number as dialed, the furniture salesman suggested that I go to their website.

I was logging on to do that when I came upon this site.Now you all have me scared!

Leha

i bought my warrenty protection from Wgandr in green bay.I was pretty sure that my cats claw got caught in my couch.

So I told them that is what happened b/c I was told by someone you have to know or it wont be covered after all the explenation to her she told me it did not cover pets!!! I called wgandr b/c I was told as was alot of my friends who have this that is covered everything including kids pets friends whatever!!! so now if I ever have anything wrong with this one cushion they will not cover anything else on it! probably b/c I told her on the phone I was going to cut a hole in it and then she could cover me!

what did wgandr do....nothing!!! they gave me my ultrashield money back b.c they said my furniture was discontinued and they could no longer get the fabric for that cushion...I was like well what would ultra shield do if they had to cover this damage?! they didnt know!! and then I went in the store a few months later their was my furniture!!!

not discontinued!!!!what a waste!!

Leha

not discontinued!!!!what a waste!!

Tami

Biggest waste of money!!I just hung up with Ultra Sheid due to a rip in my sofa cushion and guess what?

Yup your right claim denied. Was told to contact the store in which i bought it, so I did and was told for $50.00 they would send me a replacement casing for the cushion! So now, not only will I never deal with ultra Sheild, I will no longer do business with WG&R Furniture in Appleton WI. I have bought all my furnishings from them for the last 13 years and this is what I get?

WG&R should replace the casing for free since I have given them so mush business in the past. Now I understand why there is no customer loyalty anymore. By the way, the furniture was made by Coranthian, its less then two years of and already threadbare.

Not at all impressed with this brand, you might think twice in the future if your looking at furniture.Utterly Disgusted with all three companies!