Style and Design

Update by user Jun 09

I bought the Ultra Shield Warranty at a Lazy Boy store when I purchased the recliner.

Original review posted by user Jun 08

I purchased a Lazy Boy Recliner as my husband was in the hospital having just had bypass surgery and need something that reclined to sit/sleep in once he got home. I was encouraged to purchase the ultra shield warranty so if there where any stains or rips in the funiture they would fix it.

I have never purchased a warranty on furniture before, but due to the situation, I thought it was good idea. I was completely wrong! Less than 2 years later the recliner had a hole in the material. (All the other furniture in my house is older than this recliner and none have holes in them.) I call Ultra Shield.

After 3 calls, I finally received a call back. They told me to e-mail pictures and the original receipt. I did that very day. They never responded.

I resent it 2 more times, no reponse. I called them. They told me I was denied as it was normal wear and tear. Seriously, normal wear and tear!?

An $1800 Lazy Boy Recliner should have a hole in it in less than 2 years!? Ultra Shield Warranties are a complete rip off and Lazy Boy should be ashamed to use them! For that matter I will never buy another Lazy Boy product again either. Way to expensive for a shoddy product!

I have better furniture in my house from Overstock.com! (No holes in my much older overstock furniture.)

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: I want my recliner repaired. .

I didn't like: Scam product, Poor customers service and warranty, Does not honor warranty, Does not follow up with the customer.

Comments