Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

I stated In Good Faith that when the chair broke underneath it that is when I discovered the hole. Which could have been caused by the part that flew out of the chair and hit the lamp right next to that hole on the side. Which is a specific incident! I just didn’t see it happen. It wasn’t here the day before the incident happened to the chair. That is a specific incident. So I will be talking to my lawyer, the news in your town, Social media and other people that have had your coverage denied and you don’t tell people what is covered till they call and make up reasons not to cover their Warranty in GOOD FAITH! I feel this is a specific reason and will pursue this further. You all told me a tech would be out to repair my chair, not inspect it which was not in Good Faith. He got here and did not know why he was there. You tell me You told him why He was here to inspect. He said he was only here to Clean. We thought that He was here to repair according to the conversation with customer service. He was quite in a rush and was not very nice to us. Almost through him out of my house! So you sent him here on False information to me. Telling us he was here to do repairs covering the warranty when the cost did’t involve something significant. So you were honoring the repairs the reason you sent the tech out in the first place. Then dishonored it. You told me to take pictures and you would determine if the warranty was covered. You then said a tech was coming out to honor the warranty. You lied to me and I won’t go unnoticed.
Show

Ultra Shield - Worst service ever

paid $2500 for a leather lazyboy recliner, therefore, bought the protection plan the sales person insisted on that would cover "any accident' rips, tear, stains, spills, even due to the dog I have. Not true!!

called them to file a claim when something spilled on the arm and caused the color of the leather to come off in2 spots. they told me it was "normal wear and tear" and because I didn't see the spill actually happen (had a party), they refused to cover it. I called in the appropriate amount of time. They would not even consider looking at photos to prove it was "normal wear and tear"!!

I am forced to file claim with BBB. Disgusting service

Review about: Ultra Shield Warranty- Lazy Boy Leather Protection.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: i would like them to fix the arm on the chair where the leather color came off as the warranty indicates.

I didn't like: Rude service, Did not deliver what was promised, No warranty.

Ultra Shield - Wont fix couch

They came out check couch said nothing wrong with it wont fix it still having problem this company just doesnt want to fix anything by all bad reviews we got scam by lazy boy thats for sure

Ultra Shield - Terrible customer service

I bought a La-z Boy leather recliner and was forced into getting the Ultra Shield protection for an additional fee. I was also given a care kit, with the instruction of using it every 90 days. The kit contained 3 plastic bottles, each with a capacity of 8 oz., two containing leather conditioners and one containing a cleanser.

For 5 years I regularly used the products as per instructions, and after that time the area of the headrest started deteriorating to the point that a tear was created.

I contacted Ultra Shield, and the operator who responded took all the necessary information, and came back with the verdict that I had not properly used the conditioner, because if I had I would have had to replace the two bottles of conditioner after one year. I told her that I could not possibly have used two 8 oz. bottles of conditioner on a single recliner in one year if I was using them 4 times in that year. She said the care kit specified that unless I used the two bottles in 4 applications that I would not be eligible for service. I looked at both the bottles and the box they came in, and there was no such stipulation.

THIS IS A BIG SCAM. DO NO USE THIS SO-CALLED "PROTECTION".

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: No warranty.

Ultra Shield - $570.00 WASTED on this coverage

Update by user Sep 29

They are taking the technicians word over ours. At this point I am wondering if consumers need to video tape what technicians do when they come into your home.

They are saying we caused the huge water stain on the fabric when the technician actually caused it when he poured hot water all over the area. It's very disappointing and we will never do business with Lazy Boy or Ultra Shield again. We spent over $7,000.00 on the furniture purchase and $570 for a warranty which was, sadly, a waste of money. I had heard the quality of LaZBoy was much worse than it used to be, but was willing to give it a shot.

Now I find the same chair can be purchased on other sites for less money, free shipping and much more reputable customer service -- See Wayfair for numerous examples. My next purchase will be from Wayfair.com or Amazon.com.

I've never had to use a warranty for furniture (that should have been my first clue) but then to have LaZboy take such a hands off approach and the UltraShield vendor send very suspect looking individuals from New Jersey to Virginia, who then drove to the local Lowes to buy a spray is very unprofessional. I was promised a professional cleaning twice, but this still has not happened.

Original review posted by user Aug 29

If you buy at LaZBoy or anywhere else, please do not waste your money on Ultra Shield. LaZBoy will not help you with your issues either, they are very happy to pass the buck and will not honor anything at all that you were told by the lovely and personable sales person.

Ultra Shield came out three times, or their tech did, to clean my chair that had a stain covered by the warranty. First time: Tech walked in, took pictures and left. We never heard back. Two weeks later we called, a second tech came out with a spray bottle he purchased at our local Lowes, per his own admission.

He sprayed the stain, scrubbed, said the material was defective and we would get a new back for the chair. Then we heard nothing for weeks, so we called again.

Third time, tech came out with a different cleaner, poured scalding water all over the chair, sprayed from his Lowes bottle and again said the chair would not be repairable, fabric was defective and we would get a new back. Never heard from them again.

Review about: Lazboy Chair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Shell game, Total lack of desire to honor the warranty, Very poor customer service.

Ultra Shield - Horrible

1.3
Style and Design

It seems like they find any reason to reject a claim. I said the incident happened over 30 days ago because that was truthful.

I actually thought my warranty had expired last year and I just found out today that I'm still covered for another year. Well, they are denying the claim because I didn't report it within 5-30 days. According to them, I didn't follow the terms and conditions. Also, the agent on the phone sounded like he hates his job, huffing and puffing.

This company is a ripoff. I paid $250 for this extended warranty which is worthless, because after reading all these negative reviews, I'm sure they'll find any excuse to say that we're not covered.

Ultra Shield - Not going through

When I tried to call the company the call did not go through. I also sent them a picture of the rip i have on my couch and i have not received any information

Review about: Ultra Shield Claim.

Ultra Shield - WE HAVE RIP IN A LEATHER LAZBOY THAY SAID ITS NOT COVERED ?

Style and Design

THEY [SHE] GAVE ME A ADDRESS THAT DOSE NOT EXIST TO SEND PIC. FOR THEM TO REVEIW..

MY SERVICE AGREEMENT # LM5YLB-438407 ..TICKET#153-27815. YES THIS IS A PISSED CONSUMER. DEJECTED BY A IRRESPONSIBLE SO CALLED PROTECTION PLAN.THAT DOSE NOT HONOR THERE AGREEMENT. THE LAZBOY I HAVE HAD FOR ALL MOST 5 YEARS IT WAS ALL GOOD .THE LEATHER GOT A RIP IN THE HEAD AREA.

AND I THOUGHT WAS COVERED FOR THAT AND CALLED ULTRA SHIELD. TOLD THEM ABOUT THE RIP THEY SAID WE WILL NOT COME AND LOOK AT AND ITS NOT COVERED.IT SAYS IN MY CONTRACT [ANY PUNCTURE,CUT,TEAR,AND RIP FROM A SPECIFIC INCIDENT.IS COVERED.

Review about: Ultra Shield Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Honoring the 5 year protection plan.

I didn't like: Not standing behind advertised warranty.

Ultra Shield - I need help

My leather seats are stating to get damege

Review about: Leather Seats.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Ultra Shield - BS warranty

1.5
Style and Design

Purchased ultrashield warranty for couch and chairs. Fabric on arm of couch is coming off and fraying after just a few times sitting on the seat.

Used maybe 20 times when this happened. Associate from company came and looked at it and said "shouldn't be a problem". Guess what? They denied the claim.

I sent photos and everything to them. I want my money backWtf

Review about: Claims Sofa Arm.

Ultra Shield - Don't waste your money

Update by user Jun 09

I bought the Ultra Shield Warranty at a Lazy Boy store when I purchased the recliner.

Original review posted by user Jun 08

I purchased a Lazy Boy Recliner as my husband was in the hospital having just had bypass surgery and need something that reclined to sit/sleep in once he got home. I was encouraged to purchase the ultra shield warranty so if there where any stains or rips in the funiture they would fix it.

I have never purchased a warranty on furniture before, but due to the situation, I thought it was good idea. I was completely wrong! Less than 2 years later the recliner had a hole in the material. (All the other furniture in my house is older than this recliner and none have holes in them.) I call Ultra Shield.

After 3 calls, I finally received a call back. They told me to e-mail pictures and the original receipt. I did that very day. They never responded.

I resent it 2 more times, no reponse. I called them. They told me I was denied as it was normal wear and tear. Seriously, normal wear and tear!?

An $1800 Lazy Boy Recliner should have a hole in it in less than 2 years!? Ultra Shield Warranties are a complete rip off and Lazy Boy should be ashamed to use them! For that matter I will never buy another Lazy Boy product again either. Way to expensive for a shoddy product!

I have better furniture in my house from Overstock.com! (No holes in my much older overstock furniture.)

Review about: Ultra Shield Furniture Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: I want my recliner repaired. .

I didn't like: Scam product, Poor customers service and warranty, Does not honor warranty, Does not follow up with the customer.