Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

I stated In Good Faith that when the chair broke underneath it that is when I discovered the hole. Which could have been caused by the part that flew out of the chair and hit the lamp right next to that hole on the side. Which is a specific incident! I just didn’t see it happen. It wasn’t here the day before the incident happened to the chair. That is a specific incident. So I will be talking to my lawyer, the news in your town, Social media and other people that have had your coverage denied and you don’t tell people what is covered till they call and make up reasons not to cover their Warranty in GOOD FAITH! I feel this is a specific reason and will pursue this further. You all told me a tech would be out to repair my chair, not inspect it which was not in Good Faith. He got here and did not know why he was there. You tell me You told him why He was here to inspect. He said he was only here to Clean. We thought that He was here to repair according to the conversation with customer service. He was quite in a rush and was not very nice to us. Almost through him out of my house! So you sent him here on False information to me. Telling us he was here to do repairs covering the warranty when the cost did’t involve something significant. So you were honoring the repairs the reason you sent the tech out in the first place. Then dishonored it. You told me to take pictures and you would determine if the warranty was covered. You then said a tech was coming out to honor the warranty. You lied to me and I won’t go unnoticed.
Show

Ultra Shield - Reneging on their 10-year fabric warranty

We had a fingernail polish spill on our $1300 sofa. Ultra Shield told me that fingernail polish stains are not covered under the warranty...period.

No suggestions, no help whatsoever. I re-read my warranty and there is no mention of fingernail polish being excluded. Ironically, cigarette burns ARE covered. I wrote both Ultra Shield and LazyBoy asking them to clarify why my 10-year fabric warranty did not cover this accident.

Their answer: because it isn't listed!

When I said I might just pay to have it fixed, I finally found out that they no longer carry this fabric which to me is a breach of the warranty contract. I still haven't decided if I will take them to small claims court.

Review about: Ultra Shield Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service and warranty.

Comments

What genius polished their nails on a $1300 sofa ?

ULTRA SHIELD IT'S COMPLETE SCAM !

4432 KY-80, Somerset, KY 42503, USA 0 comments

I PURCHASED FURNITURE FROM SURPLUS FURNITURE ,AND THE SALES MAN HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT I PURCHASE THE'' ULTRA SHIELD FURNITURE CARE AND PROTECTION PACKAGE''. I CONTACTED ULTRA SHIELD REGARDING SOME DAMAGE TO MY SOFA.

THE DAMAGE FIT THE CRITERIA OF THE POLICY AND WE WERE DENIED. THEY DECIDED IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR THEM TO CANCEL OUR POLICY AND REIMBURSE A PRORATED AMOUNT OF WHAT WE PAID FOR THE INSURANCE. WHICH WAS ABOUT HALF OF THE PURCHASE PRICE.

AND NOW I'M READING ALL THESE REVIEWS I'VE REALIZE THAT ULTRA SHIELD IS A COMPLETE SCAM. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS INSURANCE IF YOU BUY FURNITURE FROM SURPLUS FURNITURE!

Review about: Ultra Shield Furniture Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Ultra Shield - Ultrashield

Update to the issue. It has not been resolved

Ultra Shield - BROKEN PROMISES!

Style and Design

Do NOT purchase the Ultra Shield Protection Plan. What a JOKE!

They have not ONCE covered my calls. Every time they say "oh sorry, that is not covered"... they tell ME to go out and purchase products to use on the couch (hmm hello? didn't i pay for YOU to fix the issues?!), I purchase the products EXACTLY as directed by them and sure enough, oh no.

you should NEVER use that product on the material. oh awesome. lies. lies.

lies. This place NEEDS to be reported to the BBB. My blood is BOILING i am SO pissed off.

They told me to fricken call STANLEY STEAMER! wtf would i pay $100 for stanley steamer when I already paid for YOUR service!

Review about: Sectional Sofa.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Lies the waste of money the fraudulant company.

Ultra Shield - Furniture Protection Plan Review

Style and Design

Avoid buying ultra Shield warranty from La Z boy it is a scam . I called ultraSHIELD I have a warranty with three leather pieces I purchased they are telling me that on the scratches and damage to my 3 pieces they are wear and tear and they will not be covered that they only cover for accidental damage, and must be reported within five days of the damage.

This company is taking advantage of the consumers and they should be reported to the consumers bureau.

Avoid buying any warranties from this company at all cost. If anybody wants to sue them I am in!

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

rollo2016
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1318884

No, avoid buy all warranties for anything. As you found out, most are but a means to relieve you of your money.

Ultra Shield - Leather Protection a scam

I purchased a leather couch and loveseat and was "sold" the Ultra Shield Leather protection plan. I was told it covered any stains, rips, tears, etc.

and that it really was great. NOT. I have a very small mark on my loveseat where a garment was thrown over and pulled the leather in a scratch that went thru the 1st layer of leather. it did not tear the backing but when I tried to claim it to get it repaired, I was told unless it punctured the whole couch they would not cover it.

So, what am I supposed to do? Stab the thing thru?

I am so mad I want to but they probably wouldn't cover that either. Never again and I am going viral with this.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Pay for Repair.

I didn't like: Poor customer service and warranty, Not standing behind advertised warranty.

Ultra Shield - Scam, just as others reported

The leather on my couch was damaged while moving it from one apartment to another (not in a truck, but literally from one apartment door, across a sidewalk, and into another apartment door). They claim that this is explicitly mentioned in the policy that I SHOULD have gotten...

problem is, I have no such documentation, nor do they provide it on their website. They also can't show me where I received it, or acknowledged receiving it. So, my claim is denied.

Their people are extremely rude, and seem to be proud of what they do. Sounds like I'll be experiencing small claims court pretty soon.

Ultra Shield - Furniture Protection Plan Review

Style and Design

DONT BUY THE ULTRA SHIELD WARRANTY!!! It's a complete waste and if the sales associate tells you it will cover you it's a lie.

I've been trying to get my claim of a pen stain and pet stains from the same weekend clean and 6 weeks later my claim is denied for excessive stains. Ultra shield is a complete joke of a company and is a true waste of money. And I look down on living spaces for pushing such a trashy worthless product. Oh and by the way if you perfectly fit in the small window of them letting you enter a claim then they will mail you a cleaning product that you can't get at the store.

They then expect you to clean it. Total waste of money and makes me not want to go back to Living Spaces

Review about: Ultra Shield Furniture Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Massillon, Ohio, United States #1306934

Right. Extended warranties are most often simply cash cows for businesses. In my experience(s) vendors usually find some "reason" to deny service.

Ultra Shield - Simple Review #1488987974

Style and Design

I paid $100 for the initial treatment and $50 a year for the last 3 years. They refuse to honor their guarantee when an issue arrived!

Thank goodness I purchased this custom leather sofa from a local,family owned store who will fix it! This stuff is worthless!!!!!!

Review about: Ultra Shield Leather Care Kit.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Ultra Shield - Sofa with Human Stain

Paid for Ultra Shield warranty when La Z Boy sofa was purchased in 2011. Maintained Ultra Shield protection with Ultra Shield products.

Stain appeared filed with Ultra Shield. First thing they wanted to know where I purchased the Ultra Shield products. I said I'm not sure where all came from since 2011 but we always used Ultra Shield products. They said your warranty is void because you didn't purchase Ultra Shield products from us.

Ultra Shield products can be purchased even on Ebay. The company is a fraudulent company that rarely allows warranty coverage.

I have filed a complaint with BBB, sent letters to the Chairman and all Board of Directors with La Z Boy. I also am in the process of filing a formal complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency.